We arrived in Maine Mid-May. On August 14th we got the call from Keystone that our camper was ready for pick up, but more on that to come shortly. This post is to fill in the gap: what did we do in Maine?
Our first month in Maine was all work, maintenance, and organizing. Boring. Time sure did fly by but here is a short list and some photos of some of the more fun things we had been busying doing around this region in July and August:
- Green Valley Campground, Vassalboro, Maine–we stayed here for 3 weeks
- Playing with our friend Maddie on the playground
- Meeting up with our old friends and having a sleep over with Sherry
- Mountain biking
- Moe.Down Festival in Turin, NY–we drove out here for the 4 day event
- The girls enjoyed the live music
- The near constant rain and resulting mud was a bummer
- Meeting up with our friends Brian and Sherri was a blast
- Poland Spring Campground, Poland, Maine–we stayed here for 9 days
- Tons of activities for kids at this campground
- Swimming in the pool/learning to swim without a floatie!
- Hiking up Tumbledown Mountain with the Thomas family
- Vising great grandparents from Poland
- Bar Harbor, Maine–we stayed at Bar Habor Campground for 10 days
- Pirate’s Cove mini-golf
- Udder Heaven ice cream
- Swimming at the pool with our new Canadian friends
- Kayak around Jordan Pond
- Popovers at the Jordan Pond House Restaurant
- Bike several miles of carriage trails
- Dinner out with the Thomas family
- Skowhegan, Maine–our camper did not come with us here. We stayed at my family’s cottage on a pond for a month while our camper was in the shop for repairs
- Family time/visits with Uncle Bub, Auntie Caitlin, Aunt Marcia, and Big Mem
- Visits with friends
- Celebrated Eliza’s 1st Birthday
- the Skowhegan State fair
Good Bye Maine! Until next time…
Wow sounds like you had a busy summer in Maine.. sounds like you had plenty going on and Sherry was excited to spend time with Eloise… keep us posted in your next adventures. Always enjoy reading about your then and where you are. Stay safe and see you next Summer
I love your updates! Not a day goes by, I don’t think of the Ridley family! Sooo glad that Eloise got 2 sleepovers with me! Love her sooo much!! She made me cry when she surprised me at my birthday party!! Lots of happy tears!! Your time here went way too fast!! Keep having fun, can’t wait to hear from Eloise! Your girls are such sweet dolls! Hugs! Stay safe!
Hi Sherry! Miss you too. Hope all is well with you and your two little grand babies. Can’t wait to see photos 🙂 Hugs!! See you again before you know it!